Saturday, April 19, 2008

Day 70





Daddy Daughter Ball
Sarah was in HEAVEN tonight! She got to be a princess for a night with her daddy at the Daddy Daughter Ball. Sherm said she was coming up with all sorts of dance moves on the dance floor. When she found out she would be attending a "Royal Ball" she asked her dad what they would be taking to get there. Sherm told her the "Enchanted Subaru." It wasn't quite the horse drawn magic pumpkin she had in mind.
I took these pictures with natural light. I placed my grass chest in the open doorway and Sherm held my brown blanket behind her for a backdrop. The middle picture is a prime example of why I need a portrait (telephoto) lens. I need the compression to even her out so her feet are not proportionally big.

5 comments:

Bennett Family said...

i LOVE these! especially the last 2. great job!

Leslie Behunin said...

I love that you use a backdrop!! (she is SO cute!)

Zappe Family said...

Such cute photos. I love her shoes!! So adorable.

Sarah J. said...

Darling, darling, darling! What a great way to capture a night she'll remember with her daddy. And what a good idea to use such simple settings- I love the open doorway idea. Thanks for the tip!

Photo Amy said...

Nice light. Good job. I love her shoes. Do they make them in my size?